ERROR: Could not find Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG

Josep Puigdemont josep.puigdemont at gmail.com
Sun Jan 21 14:27:13 UTC 2007

Hi,

El dg 21 de 01 del 2007 a les 12:57 +0000, en/na Mary Ellen Foster va
escriure:
> On 21/01/07, dragoran <drago01 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I am using 1.2.0 without any problems.
> > What do you mean by doesn't work?
>
> For me, anyway, NetworkManager never gets past "stage 2" (28%
> connected), even if I'm connecting to an open access point with a
> strong signal. Trying to connect without NetworkManager has similar
> results, in that it sees things but doesn't associate.
>
> Are there people who are successfully using these drivers? I've tried
> a few times and so far with no joy.

I'm not sure if it was the same, but I also had problems connecting to
open access points with strong signal.
Then I thought it could be due to IPv6, because I could see some
messages in the log about not being able to get an IP or something.
Although I I thought I had it disabled, I manually changed the IPv6
setting in /etc/sysconfig/network, and that did the trick for me.
My problems could be due to something else, I'm not sure, but since then
I have no trouble connecting to open networks.

/Josep