View Updates - Wait.....-Apply Updates

David Timms dtimms at iinet.net.au
Thu Jan 25 12:30:34 UTC 2007

Jerry Williams wrote:
> [...]
Obviously, there is no reason why it wouldn't be possible {eg equivalent
to the yum -y option}; it's open source after all.

But perhaps yum-updatesd already implements what you are after ;)
$ man yum-updatesd.conf

I go a different route: one internal machine gets updated manually
{after visually approving updates}, and testing for a few days, then
createrepo is used to build a custom internal repo. The rest of the
machines autoupdate from the internal repos: there are no external repos
set. I think it is a good to manage what to update, and also internally
cache the rpm etc.

DaveT.