iwl3945 not working with davej kernel

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 23:29:36 UTC 2007

On 11 Jul 2007 18:12:07 -0500, Jason L Tibbitts III <tibbs at math.uh.edu> wrote:

> b> kernel: iwl3945: ipw going down
> b> kernel: iwl3945: Grabbing access while already held at line 825.
>
> Wow, you're the only person besides me I've been able to find who has
> that problem.  No version of iwl3945 has ever worked for me.
>
> However, I opened up my laptop and replaced the mini-PCIe card with a
> 3945 card a different laptop and the problem goes away.  (I still
> can't associate but at least I can see networks.)

Interesting. The iwl3945 in F7 is the only driver that's ever worked
on either of my WPA networks, the prev versions that have worked on
pre WPA have always kept me tethered on WPA. Its generally relatively
stable but then that's mostly http(s) inc updates and ssh.
Occasionally I find I lose network on wireless and then have to reboot
to fix it.

Pete