F8Test1 freezing Real Soon Now.

Will Woods wwoods at redhat.com
Wed Jul 25 15:04:51 UTC 2007

> On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 17:08:12 -0500
> Mike Chambers <mike at miketc.com> wrote:
>
> > Unless you are able to create an iso from rawhide, how can you do a
> > test install if boot.iso doesn't work with i386?  Obviously besides
> > the ppc and other arches.
>
> The boot.iso problem isn't total.  All of my machines and qemu boot
> just fine with boot.iso.  It seems to be a small subset of machines.
> Will is working on narrowing down where it stopped working so that we
> can see what changed.  A bisect of the trees if you will.

Right - so far it only affects my Dell machines - an Intel developer
system we tested works fine.

I've narrowed the problem down to somewhere between July 15 (which
works) and July 20 (which doesn't).

Anyway, yes, boot.iso will probably work for you, and if it doesn't, you
can copy the vmlinuz/initrd to your pre-existing /boot partition and add
an entry for them in grub.conf. They'll boot just fine that way.

-w