F8Test1 freezing Real Soon Now.

cornel panceac cpanceac at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 15:56:06 UTC 2007

install report

i've installed 7.89 using boot.iso (i386) . since i have a slow connection
and i had not much time, i've installed only a basic system (no x, etc).
after, i've groupinstalled x and gnome. i've tried several times servic
firstboot start but it freezes as reported above, and i give up. one
interesting thing to note: after 'useradd guzu' , guzu was unable to log
into x, pretending that /home/guzu does not exist, even if it exists and the
reights were just fine. i've removed the user, logged into gnome using root,
added user guzu using s-c-u and after it worked fine. yum-updatesd's gui
(whatever it's name) worked slow or freezes (nobody will ever know since i
stopped it :)) so i fall back to plain yum where you can at least aproximate
mirror speed. i've not seen other issues till now.

my smolt profile:
http://smolt.fedoraproject.org/show?UUID=edf37816-4da4-42e2-ac6b-48e087141dd4

thnx
waitin for the t1 :)