wine on x86_64? (was: rawhide report: 20070604 changes)

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 08:57:25 UTC 2007

it seems that now x86_64 builds are available for ubuntu/debian, see:
http://winehq.org/site/download-deb
and in wine release notes for 0.9.38 there is in particular
  - Many 64-bit compilation fixes.
so it seems actively followed by upfront.
Is there any plan to have a 64 bit build so that we can avoid at all
the annoying i386 dependencies for our best-of-all fc7-fc8?

I'm getting rid of the most i386 packages, after passing from rawhide
to fc7 (see past multilib dependency problems), but it seems that wine
carries with itself many other ones....

Thanks in advance,
Gianluca