FC7 XEN 32 bit version.

Leslie Satenstein lsatenstein at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 4 15:23:55 UTC 2007

Hi Rahul.

For what it is worth, this has been bugzilla'd with version 6, and fc7 test2, test3, test4 and fc7 release, all for the 32 bit version of linux.  My practice is to not be laze and to actually wrote a bugzilla report for any bug I find and sometimes even a buglet (little bug).  Perhaps I did not phrase the frustration problem well, but explaining that there is loss of mouse and loss of keyboard and black screen is not clear with 32 Bit Xen is as much as I can do. And providing dump files (message, dmesg, Xorg* which includes the Xorg.old) is as much as I can do.

On a positive note, Saturday, probably just before your email was written, I did a fresh install on a second hard disk using the 64 bit version, and whoop teee deeee,  Fc7 XEN works without any detected problems on my system.  Therefore I presume that it is not my hardware.

So, I have a working 64bit XEN and a broken 32bit XEN, and I have been holding onto one working system to help the developers/maintainers solve the 32 bit XEN problem for my hardware platform.

Bugzilla is a reasonably fine tool, but it needs an administrator to scan open bugs and either write them off, or put them into the "fix it up" queue.  November to June and still no 32 bit XEN version... Should I not be frustrated?

I do sympathize with the maintainers (Andrew and Edwardo and the Kojo team for the difficult challenge).

I have been fighting off the UBUNTU biggots in my group by promoting how great Fedora is, so I am anxious for that fix in order to take their smile off each of their faces.

I have been delighted with the optimism and keenness of the developers and if I could buy the round of you know what, I would be the first to do it.

Leslie