hidd startup error

Rick Marshall rjm at zenucom.com
Sat Jun 30 01:14:36 UTC 2007

My F7 setup is an upgrade from FC6.

During startup I was getiing a message from hidd "address already in
use". I couldn't find any documented solution, but a bit of playing
around revealed that hidd needs to be started before bluetooth.

My fix was to change the init.d file headers:

/etc/init.d/bluetooth

#!/bin/sh
#
# bluetooth:    Start/stop bluetooth services
#
# chkconfig:    2345 26 89                     ***** RJM *****
#               Human Interface Devices, etc.
#

and

/etc/init.d/hidd

#!/bin/sh
#
# hidd:         Bluetooth Human Interface Device Daemon.
#
# chkconfig:    2345 25 90            ***** RJM *****
keyboard, \
#               mouse etc. functionality over Bluetooth.
#

It doesn't seem to be a problem in a straight F7 install so I don't know
what has happened here.

Also id hidd needed anymore? Does bluetooth do it all?

Rick