Re: ifconfig command not available in FC7 test2

On Fri, Mar 02, 2007 at 02:31:03PM -0500, Arch Willingham wrote:
> It let me do that but I could never tell if it got an IP address.

Type, as root,  'ip addr'.  Also 'system-config-network' and/or
'NetworkManager' applet will provide that information.

> I tried typing "ifconfig" but it just says "command not
> available". I tried "ifconfig" on the 3000 and got the same
> message.

'ifconfig' is a part of  net-tools-1.60-79.fc7, as for now,
package.  Quite possible it was omitted from LiveCD to save
some space.  It does not do anything more than 'ip' which
can also do many other things.

For a quick peek how 'ip' works look how it is used in
/sbin/ifup script and also try to type things like 'ip help',
'ip addr help' and similar.

   Michal