Re: Gnome required?

On 3/6/07, Terry Polzin <foxec208 wowway com> wrote:
I install F7T2  specifically selecting no GNOME.  What happens when I log in
GNOME starts?  I try to remove GNOME via yum group remove and it wants to
remove openoffice and other things I want.

Why all the GNOME baggage?

I know what you mean dude. I'm not sure how other distros handle it -
but Fedora seems to be unable to function (with a DE) without gnome. I
have tried to remove gnome progs that I am pretty sure that I do not
need, but many apps that I do want seem to be dependant on them. I've
given up hope myself. I think that this is just one of the Fedora
aspects that one has to just "live and let be".

--
Fedora Core 6 and proud