Re: Gnome required?

Arthur Pemberton wrote:
On 3/6/07, Terry Polzin <foxec208 wowway com> wrote:
I install F7T2 specifically selecting no GNOME. What happens when I log in
GNOME starts?  I try to remove GNOME via yum group remove and it wants to
remove openoffice and other things I want.

Why all the GNOME baggage?

I know what you mean dude. I'm not sure how other distros handle it -
but Fedora seems to be unable to function (with a DE) without gnome.

Not true. Again find out what is causing the dependency and file bug reports instead. It is clearly possible to install Fedora without a graphical environment.

Rahul