rawhide report: 20070306 changes

Rodd Clarkson rodd at clarkson.id.au
Wed Mar 7 02:32:39 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-03-06 at 06:38 -0500, buildsys at redhat.com wrote:
> setroubleshoot-1.9.3-1.fc7
> --------------------------
> * Mon Mar 05 2007 John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com> - 1.9.3-1
> - install icon in /usr/share/icons, refer to icon by name using standard API
>         - Fix performance problems in setroubleshoot browser log file scanning
>         - Significant rewrite of data/view management code in setroubleshoot
>           browser. data and view now cleanly separated, can easily switch
>           between data views while maintaining selections, view state, with
>           proper update of status information in status area
>         - Resolves Bug# 227806: right click context menu resets selection
>         - Logfile scans now operate in independent thread, proper asynchronous
>           updates of browser during scan, browser used to appear to hang
>         - Resolves Bug# 224340: Rewrite Menu/Toobar/Popup to use UIManger instead of glade
>         - Add toobar support
>         - Implement GUI to edit email recipient list in setroubleshoot browser
>         - Added user help to setroubleshoot browser
>         - Related Bug# 224343: Fix setroubleshoot browser to respond to desktop theme changes
>         - improve traceback error reporting in sealert
>         - rewrite AboutDialog, replacing glade version
>         - Resolves bug #229849  Bug# 230115, Relates bug #221850: fix uuid code to resolve
>           '_uuid_generate_random' is not defined error

Hmmm, everytime this is updated, it prompts for a reboot.  Except that
it doesn't prompt to get the use to reboot, but rather advises that a
reboot is about to happen unless the user cancels it.

When you're doing a yum update, this is a ticking time bomb.
Potentially (and I've had this happen to me now I realize), the machine
will reboot before yum has finished updating which could leave your
install in quite a mess.

Is this expected behavior, have others seen it and do I need to bz it?

R.

 It's much better on my side"