Re: yum and broken deps

oldman wrote:

Jim Cornette wrote:
Jerry Williams wrote:
I installed it, but I still have issues.

yum -y --skip-broken update
I have the plugin installed and ran the update. It did not run through
the routine and install what it could for me either.

I think I ran yum --skip-broken -y update though. Would the order matter
since it is prefixed with the -- before the option?

It shouldn't matter which comes first. It seems to me that the plugin is
easily confused though.  It's my recollection that the error messages
left by the plugin make it much easier to build the --exclude line as it
has always been that some program already installed will break due to
the program waiting to be installed that throws the error. OTOH a
program that can't meet its dependencies will be skipped properly.  It
might be that the plugin is not acting properly though - I may do some
looking for docs & maybe file a BZ unless someone does it first.

Version: GnuPG v1.4.7 (GNU/Linux)

I was thinking that the -- followed by the parameter would not matter for order.

I didn't have any luck with the plugin and resorted to the script that Dave posted a long while back to update the system. The strange thing is that after letting the script update the remaining packages, (Mostly gnome)the remaining packages were ALL installed. Running yum with or without the --skip-broken parameter would fail to complete successfully.

All rpms are installed from development now.

We don't really understand it, so we'll give it to the programmers.