Alsa problem

Adam Pribyl pribyl at lowlevel.cz
Sat Mar 17 21:23:58 UTC 2007

I do not think, this is a bug. When you plug in headset you have two
audiodevices. USB comes first and overrides the second one, when you boot
with headset plugged in.

gnome-volume-control is not significant to me, I would
prefere to check modules loaded. I think you can fix this by assigning
something like
alias snd-card-0 <your usual audio module>
in modprobe.conf
Or by removing alsa modules and inserting first the module with <you usual
audio> first. (This I know works.)

Adam Pribyl