Re: Why does "yum search kernel" results not include kernel-2.6.20-1.2997.fc7?

Miles Lane wrote:
Hi,

I just happened to notice what seems to be a bug in "yum search"
expression matching.  "yum search kernel" results do not include the
kernel package.

It does for me. Can you paste the output of yum search | grep 2997 and yum search? Note that if you already know the name of the package yum list | grep -i <package> tends to be quicker.

Rahul