Re: Why does "yum search kernel" results not include kernel-2.6.20-1.2997.fc7?

On 3/18/07, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram fedoraproject org> wrote:
Miles Lane wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just happened to notice what seems to be a bug in "yum search"
> expression matching.  "yum search kernel" results do not include the
> kernel package.

It does for me. Can you paste the output of  yum search | grep 2997 and
yum search? Note that if you already know the name of the package yum
list | grep -i <package> tends to be quicker.

Ah.  In this case it is user error.  I usually "grep i386" to strip
out all the descriptive output from the search command.  Since my
kernel is an i686 package, I missed it.
It looks like I need to start using the list command instead.

Thanks!