Haldaemon

I have noticed that the haldaemon service is not running when I reboot
and log into my machine. I watched the boot sequence and the haldaemon
was started (it said (ok)) but when I log in and check the status of the
service it is not running. I have to start it again in order to be able
to mount my cdrom and other such devices.

Carlo Wise