Re: ipw3945 not working with kernel 2.6.20-1.2925.fc6

On Tue, 2007-03-20 at 12:56 -0600, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
> On 3/20/07, Ernest L. Williams Jr. <ernesto ornl gov> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I get the following error on my DELL Precision M90 which uses the
> > ip3945:
> >

> You will have to check with one of the other repositories (freshrpms,
> etc) for items to get the ipw3945 working. If it was working in the
> past, but doesnt work now.. then it is probably that the module needs
> an update from whatever repository you got ipw3945 from.

Looks like there are no updates, drats!!

[root panther yum.repos.d]# yum update "ipw3945*"
Setting up Update Process
Setting up repositories
Could not find update match for ipw3945*
No Packages marked for Update/Obsoletion
[root panther yum.repos.d]#

Does anyone else have this problem:
[root panther yum.repos.d]# ifup eth1
Error for wireless request "Set Bit Rate" (8B20) :
    SET failed on device eth1 ; Invalid argument.

Determining IP information for eth1... failed; no link present.  Check
cable?
[root panther yum.repos.d]#