Asus P5B Deluxe Wi-Fi AP motherboard - Is now the time to buy one ?

I need to make a new webserver/router to connect to my two internet connections (Cable and ASDL)

It occurs to me to use an Asus P5B Deluxe Wi-Fi AP motherboard
http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2006/09/13/review_asus_p5b_deluxe/
which has two gigabit NICs built in
plus an Intel Core 2 Duo E6300.

Does this make  sense ?
I do want to run an *86_x64 *system.
Can I reasonably expect to run Fedora Core 7 on it ?
Should I use SATA or a parallel interface for the hard drive ?

I get the impression that if one runs a 64 bit system, one may need twice as much memory (if all the datastructures are twice as wide).

Thanks for any comments

Richard