Re: Hal/DBUS: problem with power management

On 3/23/07, Patrick <fedora-list puzzled xs4all nl> wrote:
Hi,

Just updated to latest Rawhide and rebooted to run the latest kernel.
After I logged in I noticed that the battery icon was no longer present
in the top panel. The menu options to suspend etc. were also not
present. Trying to figure out what was going on I saw these messages
in /var/log/messages:

Mar 23 13:33:34 localhost gnome-power-manager: (patrick) Either HAL or
DBUS are not working!
Mar 23 13:33:34 localhost gnome-power-manager: (patrick) HAL does not
support power management!

Known issue? Bugzilla?

Regards,
Patrick

haldaemon seems stopped:

[root localhost log]# service haldaemon status
hald is stopped
[root localhost log]#
[root localhost log]# service haldaemon start
Starting HAL daemon:                                       [  OK  ]
[root localhost log]#
[root localhost log]# service haldaemon status
hald (pid 3975) is running...
[root localhost log]#

after than, seemed to work better....

No idea why haldaemon is not starting/dying during boot.

tom
--
Tom London