Re: ipw3945 not working with kernel 2.6.20-1.2925.fc6

Gianluca Sforna kirjoitti:
On 3/21/07, Horst H. von Brand <vonbrand inf utfsm cl> wrote:
> > You will have to check with one of the other repositories (freshrpms,
> > etc) for items to get the ipw3945 working. If it was working in the
> > past, but doesnt work now.. then it is probably that the module needs
> > an update from whatever repository you got ipw3945 from.
>
> Looks like there are no updates, drats!!

I have ipw3945 working on W1 pro Express dual with current released/updated FC6 kernel. Driver is straight from the Intel's site: http://support.intel.com/support/notebook/sb/CS-006408.htm. There are several good installation instructions on the web and the ones contained in the package are not bad either. But if you need yet another set of instructions, I can translate the ones I have made for myself from Finnish to English.

I was actually happy when 2.6.20-1.2925.fc6 came out as it contains driver ipw3945 compatible IEEE80211.

Regards