preferred bugzilla category for test release 3?

Will Woods wwoods at redhat.com
Fri Mar 30 21:08:24 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-03-30 at 16:07 -0400, Michael Wiktowy wrote:

> When looking through the components and products that you can choose
> from I found things a little ambiguous as to the best selections of
> categories.
>
> I just picked Fedora Core instead of Extras ... with the merging of
> those two, will there still be some sort of line between the for bug
> reporting?

We haven't decided what we're going to to in the Grand Future of the
Unified Fedora. We may just have one Product (Fedora) and two versions
(f7 and devel). When we release f8, we'll make a new 'f8pre' version to
hold all the old 'devel' bugs from f7->f8. And so on.

> Also, there was "devel" and "test3" there ... which is the best place
> to put reported bugs under when testing f7test3 so they won't get
> overlooked ... all the other test categories were labeled f(x)test(y),
> etc. but there was no f7test3? I just picked "devel" since I wasn't
> sure if testx categories were just leftovers from a previous release.

Use 'devel'. We're not creating individual versions for each test
release anymore.

When F7 is finally released we'll probably end up mass-moving the
'devel' bugs to 'f7pre' or something.

-w