f7t4 problems

Amit Rana amit.rana at gmail.com
Tue May 1 12:32:30 UTC 2007

Hi,
 I had been facing lots of problems with f7t4 on my laptop
(http://smolt.fedoraproject.org/show?UUID=22c8710a-e702-4bcb-b002-448a3e53805b)

All problems are while booting, even the installer did not start in
one try. I do not know exactly what is the problem and need help to
figure out. Boot process hangs in between and starting it for the
second time solves the problem. (sometimes).

 Today there were some updates (around 13) after installing those when
I rebooted my x windows is not starting, its showing me a blank white
screen. I did not change "anything", just took latest updates.

 How can I debug or fix this? For now I have changed init level to 3.

 I can never boot in one try, I am mentioning below when boot process stops...

Switched to high resolution mode on CPU0
it is
Freeing initrd memory: 5639k freed
Simple Boot flat at 0x7a set to 0x1

another time it hanged at

PCI: setting latency timer of device 0000:00:1c.3 to 64
PCI: setting latency timer of device 0000:00:1e.0 to 64
NET: Registered protocol family 2

This is a very regular thing.

Any advice?

Regards,