iwlwifi in kernel 2.6.21-1.3125 (was Re: F7t4 KDE live CD test report)

Peter F. Patel-Schneider pfps at verizon.net
Wed May 2 12:38:01 UTC 2007

dragoran dragoran wrote:

> can you try the kernel from here:
> http://people.redhat.com/davej/kernels/Fedora/fc7/RPMS.kernel/
> iwlwifi works fine for me using this (and the previous one) the
> version in the livecd does not even connet to  my wpa/wpa2 ap.
> but no everything seems to work with it, traffic, ping etc.

The iwlwifi in the kernel from davej is much better, but all is not
sweetness and light, at least when running Network Manager.  I have
attached my observations to this message, but they boil down to two things:

1/ Connection strengths don't seem to be correct.
2/ It is impossible to change wifi networks.

Peter F. Patel-Schneider