yum is installing both i386 and x86_64 for everything

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Tue May 22 18:54:36 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 22 May 2007 14:47:11 Neal Becker wrote:
> Off the top of my head, I can't think what would pull in 2 versions of
> smb4k.

Here is the deal.  When you ask yum to install a package (without specifying
arch) it will install any arches of that package available in the repos you
have configured.  Both smb4k.i386 and smb4k.x86_64 are in the x86_64 repo,
therefor you get them both.  smb4k is considered multilib, because there
is 'smb4k-devel'.  So smb4k-devel.i386 is brought in as multilib, which has a
dep on the i386 build of smb4k, thus that is brought in as well.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora