Live CD upgrade?

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Sun May 27 16:04:30 UTC 2007

On 27.05.2007 17:48, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Sunday 27 May 2007 11:40:16 Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>> Hmmm. Users with systems that have CD-ROM drives only (and no DVD) thus
>> can only yum-upgrade from Fedora Core 6 to Fedora 7 as there are no
>> non-Live-CDs isos for Fedora 7?
> There is boot.iso and rescue.iso that you can use to do network
> upgrades/installs.

Well, that solves the problem for some users.

* if they know about that way.

* if they have a proper IP router and a reliable and at least somewhat
fast internet connection (or a local mirror).

Just guessing here, but I'd say lots of systems that still have "only"
CD-ROM drivers might be in countries where internet access might not be
that reliable....

CU
thl