From Rawhide to Moonshine

Wietse Muizelaar wietse.muizelaar at xs4all.nl
Thu May 31 18:07:47 UTC 2007

On Thu, May 31, 2007 at 05:47:26PM +0200, Gianluca Sforna wrote:
> On 5/31/07, Niels Weber <nathelbiya at gmail.com> wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >2007/5/31, Oliver Ruebenacker <curoli at gmail.com>:
> >> I am sure some one has asked this before, but I can not find it: If
> >> I am on F6.93 Rawhide with regular updates and want to shift to F7
> >> Moonshine, what do I need to do? Will it update automatically into the
> >> release version, or will I continue on Rawhide if I do not interfere
> >> with the updates? If I want to end up with the F7 Moonshine release
> >> version, do I need to: (a) do nothing, let the updater do its job (b)
> >> modify the updater (c) boot from an install disk (d) take some other
> >> action. Thanks!
> >
> >considering that regular updating today will already take you past F7
> >and into the new Rawhide, it seems safe to say that you have to do
> >something. I am not sure what though. I guess, one can get a
> >fedora-release RPM somewhere what will do the job?
>
> this should do:
> http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/releases/7/Fedora/i386/os/Fedora/fedora-release-7-3.noarch.rpm

Thnx. Unfortunately, I updated this morning, and there were 117 (or
something like that) packages updated; but already with all kind of
fc8-suffixes. When I installed this rpm, is it possible in some more or
less easy way to revert those updates? Now I have a 'mixed' system,
which I would like to fix to a fedora7-system.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

--
Kind regards,
Wietse