"Suspend" and "Hibernate" vanished

Michal Jaegermann michal at harddata.com
Thu May 31 23:35:20 UTC 2007

Another side-effect of recent rawhide updates.  I cannot find
anymore any menu entries for "Suspend" and "Hibernate".  As a matter
of fact my test machine was doing both in recent times quite well.
Is this expected or a side-effect of that it looks like that
gnome-power-manager currently refuses to run?

OTOH I aquired an annoying alert which informs me that I am
running a session as root.  Indeed, normally I am not doing
such things but in this particular case I do as one of few
other possibilities.  And??? I would not mind that alert, and I
would even think that this is good idea, if that would be a way to
configure it out.  It does not appear to be any.

   Michal