how to test compiz-manager

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 18:24:34 UTC 2007

No,
I mean System --> Preferences --> Look and feel ---> GL Desktop
This launches gnome-compiz-preferences and from within the opened window you
can select
Enable GL Desktop
and then you are with compiz.... or at least a part of it... I don't know
you get the windows effects, the ctrl-Alt-mouse driven rotation of the cube,
but not the cube rotation when you select another desktop at bottom right.
And it seems this is in conflict with compiz-manager, at least with my
nvidia card.
If you have compiz-manager running and try to "Enable GL Desktop"
compiz-manager crashes.
I think it should be managed.