Printing problems and SELinux hcid/bluetooth_t issues.

Rick Stevens rstevens at internap.com
Fri Nov 2 16:54:29 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-11-02 at 11:37 +0000, Tim Waugh wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-11-01 at 17:32 -0700, Rick Stevens wrote:
> > > What does 'lpstat -s' say?  Even if the local cupsd is running, it may
> > > be that you have configured CUPS clients to use a different host.
> >
> > They're all showing ///dev/null.  The problem occurs when the Gnome
> > printer manager tries to connect to the cupsd on "localhost", so the
> > machine doesn't see ANY printers on the net (two of them are JetDirect
> > printers and one is on my old FC6 machine).  My F7 box sees them just
> > fine and I can print to them.  The F8t3 machine won't let me look at
> > them, delete them from the F8t3 queues or print to them.  I can't even
> > delete them from a browser aimed at localhost:631.
>
> Okay, if it says 'localhost' in the title bar of the printing
> configuration tool, it isn't the problem I thought it might be.
>
> It sounds like you might be trying to delete queues that cupsd has found
> on the network by browsing -- you can't do that.
>
> Could you attach your /etc/cups/cupsd.conf and /etc/cups/printers.conf
> files please?

printers.conf is empty.  cupsd.conf is below:
LogLevel info
SystemGroup sys root
# Allow remote access
Port 631
Listen /var/run/cups/cups.sock
# Show shared printers on the local network.
Browsing On
BrowseOrder allow,deny
BrowseAllow all
DefaultAuthType Basic
<Location />
  # Allow remote administration...
  Order allow,deny
  Allow @LOCAL
</Location>
<Location /admin>
  Encryption Required
  # Allow remote administration...
  Order allow,deny
  Allow @LOCAL
</Location>
<Location /admin/conf>
  AuthType Default
  Require user @SYSTEM
  # Allow remote access to the configuration files...
  Order allow,deny
  Allow @LOCAL
</Location>
<Policy default>
  <Limit Send-Document Send-URI Hold-Job Release-Job Restart-Job
Purge-Jobs Set-Job-Attributes Create-Job-Subscription Renew-Subscription
Cancel-Subscription Get-Notifications Reprocess-Job Cancel-Current-Job
Suspend-Current-Job Resume-Job CUPS-Move-Job>
    Require user @OWNER @SYSTEM
    Order deny,allow
  </Limit>
  <Limit CUPS-Add-Modify-Printer CUPS-Delete-Printer
CUPS-Add-Modify-Class CUPS-Delete-Class CUPS-Set-Default>
    AuthType Default
    Require user @SYSTEM
    Order deny,allow
  </Limit>
  <Limit Pause-Printer Resume-Printer Enable-Printer Disable-Printer
Pause-Printer-After-Current-Job Hold-New-Jobs Release-Held-New-Jobs
Deactivate-Printer Activate-Printer Restart-Printer Shutdown-Printer
Startup-Printer Promote-Job Schedule-Job-After CUPS-Accept-Jobs
CUPS-Reject-Jobs>
    AuthType Default
    Require user @SYSTEM
    Order deny,allow
  </Limit>
  <Limit Cancel-Job CUPS-Authenticate-Job>
    Require user @OWNER @SYSTEM
    Order deny,allow
  </Limit>
  <Limit All>
    Order deny,allow
  </Limit>
</Policy>

I just removed cups (and the stuff that depended on it), purged that
directory and reinstalled (along with all the things that depended on
it).  As soon as I bring up System-->Printing, I get that same error
pop-up.  If I clear it, the shared printers appear but as soon as I
click on one (for example, to make it the default), the error popup
occurs again.  In other words, if you try to do ANYTHING, the error
shows up.  Also, in OOWriter, if I try to print, the "Print" button
in the dialog box is ghosted so you can't print.

Sheesh!

- Rick Stevens, Principal Engineer             rstevens at internap.com -
- CDN Systems, Internap, Inc.                http://www.internap.com -
-           Give me ambiguity or give me something else!             -