Problems with F8 kickstart

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Mon Nov 12 16:22:09 UTC 2007

Once upon a time, David Mack <dmack at juniper.net> said:
> I just tried kickstarting a system with F8. I asked for this list of
> groups in the ks file:

fedora-test is the wrong list for this, but:

> After the reboot, it turned out that many of the things I
> expected to be installed weren't (emacs, fvwm, fluxbox, and most
> importantly xfs, so X couldn't find any fonts.)

emacs is in editors as optional
fvwm is in window-managers as optional
fluxbox is in window-managers as optional
xorg-x11-xfs is in base-x as optional

I don't think including a group in the kickstart includes the optional
packages, only the mandatory and default.

Also, xfs shouldn't be needed by default anymore (file a bug if you find
a case that doesn't work).

--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>