yum update f7-f8 success

Michael Wiktowy michael.wiktowy at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 05:49:52 UTC 2007

On Nov 12, 2007 6:50 AM, Michael Wiktowy <michael.wiktowy at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 10, 2007 10:24 AM, Paul W. Frields <stickster at gmail.com> wrote:
> > One thing to try:  Check in your System => Preferences => Personal =>
> > Sessions applet, and add the following:
> >
> > Name: PulseAudio Session Management
> > Command: pactl load-module module-x11-xsmp
> > Comment: Load module-x11-xsmp into PulseAudio
> >
> > Please let us know if this works so we can add it to the UpgradeFaq.
> > (Or add it yourself for bonus points!)
> Still looking and will definitely report here if I find it.

It looks like whatever start up script is responsible for actually
starting the sound server by running the command '/usr/bin/pulseaudio
--log-target=syslog' isn't getting incorporated into existing users
environments ... only new users after the upgrade.

When I ran that command manually in a Gnome terminal, the pulseaudio
features worked fine. So now I have to find the proper place to cram
that command. I recall there being a description of what gets ran from
where when a desktop manager starts in one of the Fedora related blogs
recently so I will continue my search there.

/Mike