gdm hangs in runlevel 5

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Wed Nov 21 11:53:45 UTC 2007

Antonio wrote:

> Gdm hangs also here....you have to issue a Ctrl+Backspace to have a
> text screen, then you can login and issue startx. When you try to log
> out from graphic screen it still hangs.
> I reverted back to F8 version, that seems the only working gdm for F9!!!

gdm exits for me like the previous version failed in Runlevel 5. It
tries to respawn every so often. The new kernel tagged with fc9 all hang
at UDEV.
If I use startx in the crashed gdm runlevel 5 environment, I get errors
in SELinux as was mentioned earlier by another list member. If I boot
into runlevel 3 and startx the SELinux errors are not showing in the
browser.

Jim

--
My brother sent me a postcard the other day with this big satellite
photo of the entire earth on it. On the back it said: "Wish you were here".