Fedora 8 Test Update: mock-0.8.8-1.fc8

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Thu Nov 22 09:32:28 UTC 2007

On Thu, 22 Nov 2007, John Summerfield wrote:

> Jesse Keating wrote:
> > On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 12:57:05 -0500 (EST)
> > "Robert P. J. Day" <rpjday at crashcourse.ca> wrote:
> >
> > >   i'm sure there's a reason for this, but why is the fedora *test*
> > > list being used as an announcement list for regular release updates?
> > > i subscribed to the test list because it was the official forum for
> > > ***test*** releases.  and until there's another test release, i would
> > > have thought there'd be little or no traffic on this list.
> > >
> > >   why can't there be another list -- say "updates" -- for update
> > > announcements?
> >
> > Because these are testing updates, not final updates.
> >
> > Anyway, we're working on solutions to cut down the noise, like an rss
> > feed of updates announcements.
>
> rss isn't convenient for everyone. My vote goes to a new list,
> initially populated with the members of this.
>
> maybe for the future, the description for this list could include
> something like this text:
>
>  If you want to track and discuss testing package updates, then you
> might join fedora-test-updates too.

yes, that sounds about right.  my objection was based on this list's
own description in the "To:" line above, and i emphasize:

"For testers of Fedora Core development ***releases***"

not "packages".  "releases".  so, not to put too fine a point on it,
unless you have something to discuss related to a fedora development
***release***, you should take that information elsewhere, and a new
ML would seem to be the perfect solution.

rday

Robert P. J. Day
Waterloo, Ontario, CANADA

http://crashcourse.ca