scanner problems

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Tue Oct 2 02:45:39 UTC 2007

Scott Berry wrote:
> Hello there,
>
> My father has a Brother all-in-one printer/scanner/fax machine and Xsane
> doesn't seem to be working with the Brother.  Are there going to be any
> updates coming out for xsane?  It looks like Xsane is missing a couple
> of libraries.
>
> Scott

I have an HP all-in-one scanner that needs to have the power cycled in
order for it to be recognized properly by xsane. It might be that the
device has a peculiarity such as that. Otherwise, it would probably be
best to submit a bug report with the printer brand and the output of
utilities for xsane which detect scanners in general. The maintainer for
xsane might ask for specific outputs from some programs to diagnose the
problem better.

Jim

--
We are drowning in information but starved for knowledge.
	-- John Naisbitt, Megatrends