kill switch is permanently disabld on dell Inspiron 6400

Fulko Hew fhew3 at cogeco.ca
Wed Oct 3 01:07:34 UTC 2007

I just decided to try updating my Fedora 8 Test 1
to the latest Rawhide and I'm seeing a few issues.

The primry one is that the Inetl 3945 has stopped working.

It seems as thought the RF kill switch is permanently on.

I've searched the web and there were 3 posted suggestions,
none of which worked for me...

a) echo 0 > /sys/class/net/wlan0/device/rf_kill

b) echo 0 >
/sys/bus/pci/drivers/iwl3945/module/drivers/pci\:iwl3945/0000\:/0\:00.0/rf_kill

c) within the BIOS, disable the hot keys for RF/Bluetooth

No matter what I've tried, knetworkmanager shows no wireless nodes,

With Test 1, everything _was_ working.

Suggestions anyone?