Rswhide powerup messages: microcode & wmaster0

Doncho N. Gunchev gunchev at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 16:05:30 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 2007-10-03 18:22:40 Chuck Ebbert wrote:
> On 10/02/2007 09:15 PM, Fulko Hew wrote:
> >
> > Part 3 of my latest Rawhide issues are on powerup it shows
> > 2 different error/warning messages.  Are these significant?
> >

> > Applying Intel CPU microcode update: FATAL: Module microcode not found
> > /etc/rc59/S00microcode_ctl: microcode device /dev/cpu/microcode doesn't
> > exist?
> >

> Maybe an i586 kernel was installed? What does 'yum list kernel' say?

Strange, why are the live DVDs with i586 kernel or how I got i586 kernel
if not that way? I installed fc8t1's live cd and updated only. Looks like
this is going to solve my problem. yum also insisted on installing .i586
kernel again, had to do it by hand. My -xen kernel was i686.

--
Regards,
  Doncho N. Gunchev, GPG key ID: 0EF40B9E, Key server: pgp.mit.edu