Wireless doesn't work.

Douglas Kilpatrick kilpatds at oppositelock.org
Fri Oct 5 14:28:08 UTC 2007

Ben Little wrote:
> I know that wifi-radar seems to work fine on my laptop, using the same
> wifi card.

I've tried disabling NetworkManager, and configuring the network via
either system-config-network, or just iwconfig.  I havn't been able to
get either to work (with either card).

wifi-radar looks like a different packaging, right?  It shouldn't do
anything you can't do via iwconfig, right?

  iwconfig essid oppositelock.org key [key] mode managed

doesn't work.  Under access point, it will sometimes say "invalid" with
the Cisco card.  The built-in card shows the right access point, but
signal strength zero, when I'm right next to the AP.  I know the key is
correct...

Doug
--
Doug Kilpatrick