F8t3 (7.92) & F8 release compatibility

Will Woods wwoods at redhat.com
Mon Oct 8 15:00:51 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-10-08 at 15:51 +0100, Keith Roberts wrote:
> Hi all. If I install F8t3 7.92, will I be able to upgrade
> this to the final release of F8, without having to do
> another full/fresh installation? Is it just the repos that
> will need to be changed?

Yes, you should be able to yum upgrade from Test3 to the final release.

There's always a small chance that you might need to do some manual
fixing to make it all work as expected. Normally it's just minor things,
like installing packages that were optional in Test3 but are installed
by default in the final release.

We'll be sure to document any such changes to make things easier for all
our brave Test3 testers. :)

-w