starting gnome-display-properties applet temporarily blanks screen

Per Bothner per at bothner.com
Tue Oct 9 13:49:59 UTC 2007

When I invoke gnome-display-properties (either from the keyboard or
from the panel) the screen momentarily blanks *before* the
"Screen Resolution Preferences" window comes up.  This is a Dell
laptop with the intel driver.  (I'm currently using an external
monitor; I don't remember if the same happens using only the laptop
screen.)

Is this know / being worked on?  While obviously not a show-stopper,
it's a bit scary and not the user interface we want!
--
	--Per Bothner