"yum update" dependency error

Tom Brinkman tbrinkman at sbcglobal.net
Thu Oct 11 20:43:07 UTC 2007

On Thursday 11 October 2007 10:56:01 am Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Tom Brinkman wrote:
> >    When I run across deps that --skip-broken fails on, I use
> > this script.
>
> If that plugin fails, please file bug report so that the plugin
> gets fixed and can be merged with core yum which would make
> everybody happy. Continuing to workaround such problems only
> delays the actual fixes.
>
> Rahul

   IIRC you were the one that complained when I posted that script
long ago (over a year, nearly two?).  Of course you're correct,
but, again IIRC that is a script authored by SV, an he an other
devels are aware that --s-b often fails an they're workin on it on
yum-devel, the ML. I have no objection to postin yum dep fails,
specially those still missed by --s-b. Actually encourage I it.  So
ans me why the original script works ?  ... when --s-b fails ?  I
think yum-devel might be a better source tho, than your consistent
file a bug stuff

--
    Tom Brinkman                       Corpus Christi, Texas