F8T3: Can't connect with 3945ABG to WPA access point

Guido Ledermann guido.ledermann at googlemail.com
Sat Oct 13 10:56:57 UTC 2007

Hi,

I'm trying to connect my laptop with a mint installed and updated) F8T3 to
my WLAN AP. I use the NetworkManager where I can see my network and the
networks near me. But whenever I try to connect, I get asked for a password,
I type it, and then I only see that the NetworkManager tries to connect, but
it fails and asks for a password again.

The last lines in /var/log/messages are
Oct 13 12:54:13 cookie NetworkManager: <info>  Activation (wlan0) Stage 2 of
5 (Device Configure) complete.
Oct 13 12:54:13 cookie NetworkManager: <info>  (wlan0) Supplicant interface
state change: 0 -> 2
Oct 13 12:54:38 cookie NetworkManager: <info>  Activation (wlan0/wireless):
association took too long, asking for new key.

Is this a known problem? Is there a solution or a workaround?

Guido