kernal 2.6.23.1-26 wont boot amd64

ray goss itsmealso2 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 24 00:21:37 UTC 2007

after update to kernal 2.6.23.1-26  fc8t3 nolonger
boots, the last few lines displayed are .

starting udev               ok
load default keymap         ok
setting hostname   localhost.localdomain       ok
no devices found
setting up logical volume management:  no volume
groups found

     ok
checking filesystems
                                               failed

*****  an error occured during the file system check
****** droping you to a shell ; the system will reboot
*****  when you leave the shell
give root password for maintainence
( or type control-D to continue )

giving root password I can browse around in the
filesystem
including /home/(me) and all seems normal.

kernal 2.6.23.1-23  boots normaly