Kernel 2.6.23

gjohnson5 tonyjohn5 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 11 14:08:24 UTC 2007

I just wanna say thanks for you guys hard work
This is really starting to work with Windoze functionality without the
security issues
and the horrible coding which requires literally hundreds of hotfixes
http://thehotfixshare.net/board/index.php?s=e697ef6d106102eed4f3527fb3689c5e&automodule=downloads

I had a previous question about the kernel build, but I solved that by
modifying the spec file
to point to my kernel config.  I have built and am using the 2.6.23-0.170
kernel.

The main problem is that the kernel source tree used an i386 subdirectory to
group
architectural specific files.   Building a kernel with those files (and
booting it) produces
essentially an i386 kernel.  At that point kmods can't be built because i386
it not an option
Probably yall know this already...

[gjohnson at localhost ~]$ rpmbuild --rebuild
madwifi-kmod-0.9.3.1-2.2.6.22.4_65.fc7.src.rpm
Installing madwifi-kmod-0.9.3.1-2.2.6.22.4_65.fc7.src.rpm
warning: user mockbuild does not exist - using root
warning: group mockbuild does not exist - using root
warning: user mockbuild does not exist - using root
warning: group mockbuild does not exist - using root
warning: user mockbuild does not exist - using root
warning: group mockbuild does not exist - using root
warning: user mockbuild does not exist - using root
warning: group mockbuild does not exist - using root
warning: user mockbuild does not exist - using root
warning: group mockbuild does not exist - using root
error: Architecture is not included: i386
[gjohnson at localhost ~]$ rpmbuild --rebuild
nvidia-kmod-100.14.11-1.2.6.22.4_65.fc7.src.rpm
Installing nvidia-kmod-100.14.11-1.2.6.22.4_65.fc7.src.rpm
warning: user mockbuild does not exist - using root
warning: group mockbuild does not exist - using root
warning: user mockbuild does not exist - using root
warning: group mockbuild does not exist - using root
warning: user mockbuild does not exist - using root
warning: group mockbuild does not exist - using root
warning: user mockbuild does not exist - using root
warning: group mockbuild does not exist - using root
error: Architecture is not included: i386
[gjohnson at localhost ~]$ uname -a
Linux localhost.localdomain 2.6.23-0.170.rc5.git1.GAJ3 #1 SMP Tue Sep 11
02:02:51 EDT 2007 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
[gjohnson at localhost ~]$

Thanks alot , Rawhide works better then XP IMHO