no updates

since the update of sept 9  software updater has been
telling me there are no updates , I can see the
updates if I use my browser to access the repos , I
have installed the latest yum updates manualy no help
, I am new to fedora but not linux any help on finding
the problem would be appreciated . when I run software
updater I can see internet activity so I believe it is
accessing the repos , I can install packages with
add/remove software just no new packages ( versions)
are shown . for instance the last kernal I show is
2.6.23-0.169  and I can see 0.171 in the repo.

http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/3658