Kernel .178. works well

Pat Kane pekane52 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 13:30:20 UTC 2007

I installed "kernel-2.6.23-0.178.rc6.git2.fc8" without problems on
two of my troublesome DELL boxes.  Thanks for your hard work
in getting that kernel working.

Here are the details:
   DELL Dimension 1100 Desktop  (Service Tag: 4VRDX91)
        -  pcHDTV HD5500 HDTV   works
        -  audio works
      in the past few kernels both did not always work at the same time

   DELL Inspiron 8600  Laptop (1600x1050 LCD, Service Tag: DC0Y441)
        -  boots okay  (F8T1 hung in VESA boot code)
        -  networking works. both wired and wireless

    On irritating nit with this laptop is that the touchpad has
tap-to-click mode
     enabled by default so I find that the touchpad is dangerous to use for
     sysadmin work.  Not sure if that is a Linux, X.org or other problem.

Pat
---