Compac Pressario V6500 test 2

Arne Chr. Jorgensen achrisjo at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 17 13:07:46 UTC 2007

test2 - Compac Presario V6508EO

Received updated programs ( approx. 180 packages - new kernel )

1. Problem to boot: - kernel panic as it doesn't find installed system.
- by pushing Power on/off during seek, I have been able to get it up.
( See attached files )

2. SELinux: where can I find messages. It blocked some packages,
encouriage me to file a bug report, but I didn't at the time.

3. Some packages lack icons: gsynaptics. CD Player control buttons,
and there was more packages...

4. Applications will not start, while it will come to live if starting
another application.

In closing, this last upgrade was a step-back in several areas.

//ARNE

 Check out  the hottest 2008 models today at Yahoo! Autos.