Fedora 8 Test 2 on an Inspiron 9300

Rodd Clarkson rodd at clarkson.id.au
Tue Sep 18 04:34:04 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-09-18 at 14:29 +1000, Rodd Clarkson wrote:

> > Evolution also doesn't sort by date in a descending order.  I sort new
> > mail by date, but prefer to have the most recent emails at the top.
> > Evolution doesn't seem to want to do this anymore.
>
> After the last update, evolution is not doing this a bit better, but not
> right.
>
> I thread my messages, and it not seems to be sorting by Date in a
> descending order (most recent at the top) based on the last message in
> the thread (instead of the first one).
>
> I'm not sure what implications this has for re-ordering when old threads
> get new messages (will the move to the top of the page) but it isn't
> what I would expect, which is that threads are sorted based on the
> original message in the threads date.

Right, I just did a little testing and evolution moves threads to the
top of the sort order when new messages arrive in the thread arrive.

Not sure whether I like this behavior or not, so not sure whether to
post a bug or not.

Is this some new 'feature' or is it a bug?

R.
 It's much better on my side"