Re: icedtea-plugin rocks!

On Sun, 23 Sep 2007 09:53:20 -0400
Andrew Overholt <overholt redhat com> wrote:

> I'm pretty sure it can't be done because IcedTea isn't on ppc{,64} and
> we can't have arch-specific comps.xml.

We already have arch specific comps.  Tools that consume comps do not
care if something is listed as mandatory or default but nonexistent in
the repository.  The most you'll get is a Warning from some things.

The reasons behind the gcj plugin not being default were because of
security and the code was not audited, and those that were involved
didn't feel comfortable having such unaudited code running in a web
browser.  Is this still the case or are we just ignoring it now?

--
Jesse Keating