grubby fatal error: unable to find a suitable template

Ronald Warsow rwarsow at online.de
Mon Sep 24 22:10:24 UTC 2007

Clyde E. Kunkel wrote:
> Ronald wrote:
>> On Sat, 22 Sep 2007 13:54:43 -0400
> <snip>
>
>>> With todays rawhide update, grub.conf was properly updated.  So, is
>>> there a problem with mkinitrd which provides grubby, or what?
>>
>> don't known what's the question here.
>>

> The question is (sorry, don't know how to properly phrase it):  does a
> problem in mkinitrd lead to a failure during grubby time when you are
> updating a kernel?
okay, no problem !
AFAIC, yes !

you easily can see what's going on on kernel updates, if you download
the kernel and install it manually with:

rpm -ivh ... -vvv
maybe with a "2>&1 | tee what-does-kernelupdate-do.file" to circumvent
the modules-install-screens

--
      Ronald
circumvent/surrounded (a speech I lastly read):